Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cypher at Johnny Vs





Last night I went to Johnny V's in downtown San Jose because I heard it was open mic night.  I really didn't know what exactly to expect seeing how San Jose doesn't have a really big music scene...at least to my knowledge.  But as soon as I got there and walked in, the music was blasting, thumping so hard I can feel every vibration from the bass in my muscles.

But once the MCs got on stage, and the artists started to perform my view of the music scene in San Jose changed.  All the artists were local kids who just love hip hop.  The Dj were mixing beats from old school rap, then switched it up to dubstep, back to bay area rap, back  to electronic.  All the while, the MCs were rapping their heart and lungs out, everything was on beat and precise.  The rhythm, the mood and atmosphere along with the crowd made the whole performance memorable.  This is definitely something worth going to again.

1 comment: