Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crazy Wednesday



Wednesday started out with high hopes. I was told by my friends at work that there a great place to do a photo shoot in the Santa Cruz mountains called the Big Basin. I did some background check on it and founds picture of it online filled with great scenery of giant red wood Forrest and water falls. So My friend Damian and I decided to go and look at the place ourselves first before we take the girls out for a photo shoot.  I was excited and hopeful as we begun to embark on the journey.

Neither of us had any idea where we were going; my GPS was not working and the long road took us up the mountain to some obscure location with no other cars around. We came to a giant rest stop parking lot with just another car parked there.  We saw that the sun was setting and the fog were drifting in so we decided to takes to quick shots.  As soon as I got my equipments out I took some snap shot and the sun set, the fog filled the sky and the temperature dropped.  I yelled to Damian to hurry him up to continue our trip. 

I got to the car and I realized my keys were not in my pocket but it was in the car on the passenger seat. I freaked out and started cussing and screaming but that didn't help, as a matter of fact the people in the other car was laughing and enjoying my misery. I try everything to get my doors to open, both Damian and I even though of breaking the trunk lock and try to get into my car from the back but that failed miserably. Finally after an hour I gave up and pulled out my phone to call for road service but just my luck there was no signal. This was the very moment that I realized that I was stuck in the middle of a mountain with no way of getting help.

Finally out of desperation I asked people from the other car if they had some tools to smash my windows with and surely enough they did.  Bam! quarter window gone. what left are shatter glass shards and a frown on my face. I thanked the other people and got back in my car, contemplating if I should continue the trip. I figured since I got this far and gone through all this trouble I might as well continue the trip. So Damian and I continued on, only to find ourselves lost, alone, and cold in a one lane road in a middle of a dense foggy forest with no signs of life from anyone or anything.  After getting lost for another two hours we somehow magically found ourselves in Santa Cruz.  At that point we figured we might as well head back to San Jose; we agreed to never go back to that pointless place ever again, or at least never go back at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment