Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Night Without Plans





Around the middle of last week I had the urge to just leave San Jose and go to San Francisco.  As much as I love San Jose, I've grown tired of the city because I have spent the last seven to eight years working and going to school there.  So to go to San Francisco is therapeutic for me. So my best friend and I headed toward San Francisco near sunset without any plans; what ever happen happens.

The point of the trip was simply to get lost and discover new places in San Francisco that we have never been to before and we accomplished that.  We somehow ended up in the industrial side of East San Francisco and found amazing old abandoned factories, power plants, old abandoned schools, old warehouses, and run down buses.  There is something so amazing about these locations, maybe it's the fact that it's been neglected or forgotten or the fact that people don't even know these places exist.  For my friend and I, finding these spots is like finding lost treasures.

As the night goes on, we were further lost and somehow ended up by the stadium where the Giants were playing the Rangers and got stuck in the horrific traffic for half and hour. It is probably the only time I have ever got road rage. When we finally got out of that mess we found ourselves lost again and next thing I know we were at the San Francisco City Hall, which I always drove by plenty of time before but never stop to look at it.  We spent a bit of time there exploring that area and took some nice photos of it.

Finally to end the night we figured we might as well go to the Mission District to eat and relax from all the walking we did that night.  And after a nice dinner we found a nice bar that had gypsy jazz band performing and spent the rest of the night there hanging out before heading back home to sleep.

It's funny how time and time again whenever my friend and I go places without any plans or expectations, we always end up meeting awesome people and have a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment